The Aquasana AQ-5300.56 3-stage under counter water filter system is a 3 stage under the counter carbon water filter system that features a 20 micron pre-filter to capture larger debris such as rust, sediment, and silt that can clog the overall system.
This pre-filter process can extend the overall life of your whole system up to 600 gallons. The system is pretty straightforward and basically the pre-filter catches any larger debris that may clog the rest of the system, then after that the water goes through the other 2 filters that eliminate contaminants and bacteria like lead, chlorine, chloramines, and cysts. It removes all these chemicals and contaminants all while still being able to retain vital minerals in the water such as calcium, potassium, and magnesium.
Aquasana AQ-5300.56 3-Stage Under Counter Water Filter System Features:
- Has an increased capacity of up to 600 gallons.
- System is designed to be eco-friendly by being made with less plastic parts therefore reducing plastic waste for the environment.
- This system is outfitted with NSF certified claryum filtration technology that removes 66 contaminants as well as over 97% of chlorine and chloramines. This feature is really nice because if compared to other water filters, most are not able to filter out the resistant chemical chloramine which is very bad for overall health and wellbeing. But this system can and will do that.
- This unit only weighs 6.2 lbs and measures 12 X 4.2 X 9 inches so it is very compact in size, easy to handle and won’t be much of an eye sore.
- Included with this system is 1 lithium metal battery that is required to be used for the indicator light and alarm that alerts you when it is time to change out your current filters to new ones. The average life of the battery is about 1590 hours.
- This set also comes with a 1 year warranty and a 90 day guarantee.
- This type of filter has a 25 percent faster flow rate to 0.5 gallons per minute, so that basically means more clean water will be coming out of your faucet at a stronger and faster rate. Grab those glasses!
- This set also Includes an all metal designer water faucet. The spout height of this faucet is about 7 inches tall and the spout reach is about 4.75 inches.
The Aquasana AQ-5300.56 3-stage under counter water filter system seems to be a very simple yet effective carbon water filtration system.
By using its selective filtration process, it's able to removes unhealthy and harmful contaminants, heavy metals, chlorine resistant cysts and organic chemicals all while keeping intact the healthy and essential minerals that are good for you like calcium, potassium and magnesium.
Installation is simple, straightforward, and their system is made with eco-friendly parts and some parts are even recyclable. Flow rate is increased by 25% and overall capacity increased to 600 gallons. It’s also one of the more affordable water filtration systems.
But do consider that these filters need to be replaced twice as often as most of its rivals, it also requires a specific lithium metal battery that needs to be replaced every so often for your indicator light and alert notification to know when to change out your filters, and claims to remove only 97% of certain contaminants and chemicals whereas other systems claim to remove about 99%. Do the pros outweigh the cons for you?
- It’s an Eco-friendly system which is better for the environment. The replaceable elements and parts are over 95% biodegradable carbon which can be sent to the Aquasana company where they can properly recycle it.
- The flow rate for this system is 25% faster than other water filters so the stream of water you receive from the faucet will come out stronger and faster which will save time in the long run.
- It's a really easy and quick process to replace the water filters. This system also alerts you via the performance indicator light when it is time to replace them. Once you're ready to swap out your old filter for a new one all you need to do is twist off and twist on, it can't get simpler than that.
- Effectively provides clean, healthy, pure, and tasty water for you and your family. Provides it quickly, and efficiently, by not removing healthy minerals like calcium, potassium, and magnesium, which are really good for your overall health.
- The installation process is simple.
- The Aquasana AQ-5300.56 3-stage under counter water filter system uses a selective filtration process of submicron filtration, micron filtration, absorption, and ion exchange, all of which cleans water of contaminants and heavy metals but doesn't get rid of healthy minerals like calcium, potassium, and magnesium while some other filters do get rid of those healthy minerals completely.
- This Is one of the more affordable, lower priced water filtration systems on the market.
- Also, the system reduces lead, mercury, chlorine resistant cysts like giardia and cryptosporidium and reduces chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides and VOCs that may be lurking in your water.
- Filters need to be replaced at least every 6 months rather than once a year like some other filters.
- Included directions may be hard to follow or confusing, although once you figure it out the process is actually simple.
- Requires batteries that need to be changed for filter alarm and indicator light
- Claims to remove up to 97% of chloramine and chlorine while other systems claim to remove about 99% so this system may not clean as thoroughly as others. Also, it claims to reduce heavy metals and cysts but doesn't say by how much.
Aquasana AQ-5300.56 3-Stage Under Counter Water Filter System with Chrome Faucet
1 used from $102.66
- NSF certified to remove 66 contaminants including 97-Percent of chlorine and 97-Percent of chloramines
- 25-Percent faster flow rate means you get healthy, delicious water without the wait
- No more guessing if and when you need to replace your filters, simply check the performance indicator
- Stylish designer faucet to match your kitchen décor featuring all metal construction
- Now easier to replace filters with a simple quarter-turn and no lines to disconnect