Scaleblaster SB-75 Water Conditioning System Review
Minerals can be harmful or nutrient-rich, and even the most efficient water-filtration systems can’t always distinguish the difference. Scaleblaster’s SB-75 Water Conditioning System provides an eco-friendly solution: electromagnetic, computerized technology deployed by this system will condition hard water to prevent harmful buildup of mineral deposits.
It is important to understand that this water conditioning system is only usable indoors, and for homes up to 4,000 square feet. For larger homes, commercial or outdoor use, or if you have pipes that are made from iron or are galvanized, this system is not appropriate.
The Scaleblaster SB-75 Water Conditioning System is compact and effective: wire coils are wrapped around the incoming water supply line during installation, and these coils receive computerized output from the SB-75 control box, which then sends out inaudible sonic frequencies to disrupt the water molecules flowing through the pipe. This isn’t just some random sci-fi jargon; the result is that the incoming municipal water supply must pass through the sonic disruption, colliding and exchanging atomic ions within the water’s mineral content, and when no surface charge remains, the mineral buildup loses the ability to adhere to pipe walls and surfaces, resulting in water that has been conditioned, yet retains mineral content without impacting the environment or wasting water in the way that water-softening systems do.
Scaleblaster SB-75 Water Conditioning System Features:
- Complete system weighs in at 2.3 pounds.
- Power consumption: 5-volt unit consumes 15-watts of energy
- Environmentally responsible de-scaling technology works without chemicals or salt
- Water conditioning system features a computerized control box
- Works on pipes made from PVC, PEX, copper, and any non-ferrous material
- Uses sonic disruption to stop scaling particles from clinging to pipes and surfaces
While not without minor imperfections –such as only being able to use the unit indoors- overall, consumers have consistently rated the SB-75 as an excellent water conditioning system, with nearly all consumer reviews praising its efficacy, comparative low cost (especially when compared to water –softening systems), compact size, and no-maintenance features.
The Scaleblaster SB-75 Water Conditioning System does stand the test of time, with many happy customers noting continued and lasting results.
Quick tip: to see more drastic improvement in water pressure, make sure that you take the time to clean faucet screens/filters routinely after initial installation, because the built-up scaling inside your pipes will begin to break away from the walls of the pipes, and can get stuck in faucet filter or screens. It’s also a good idea to flush your water heater after the first month.
All-in-all, this water conditioning system won’t break the bank, but it will do what it was designed to do, and all major drawbacks can be mitigated by carefully planning your home installation.
- Perfect for homes with tankless water heaters.
- Electronic water conditioning system is low voltage and eco-friendly
- Installation is relatively quick if you follow the instructions and plan to set aside 45 minutes for installing the system. Note that there are video tutorials on Youtube for helpful, step-by-step instructions for those who may be new to DIY home improvement.
- Within the first few weeks, Scaleblaster’s system purges the calcium buildup inside pipes and faucets, and prevents it from returning. The result is better-tasting water which still remains mineral-rich, unlike water softening systems, which remove mineral content.
- One distinct advantage is improved water pressure, as many consumers found that without scale clinging to the pipes, they were amazed at how quickly water pressure improved.
- Prolonged life of clothing, towels, and surfaces, while protecting and improving the efficacy of water-based appliances such as your dishwasher and laundry machine.
- Space-saving unit is small enough to use inside an apartment, but packs an efficient punch for homes up to 4,000 square feet.
- De-scaling of calcium deposits means over time, you can use less detergent and soap, which saves money and helps the environment. You’ll also need to clean surfaces and water-based appliances less, which saves both time and money.
- The SB-75 doesn’t dump chlorides into the environment like most water softeners, and is ideal for people on salt-restricted diets, or those looking to reduce salt intake.
- Much more budget-friendly than a traditional water softener system, as it doesn’t require expensive ongoing mechanical maintenance or plumbing of any kind.
- Pricing includes a convenient 3-year warranty
- Consumers have noted that installation can be frustrating, and it’s important to plan ahead to minimize any potential issues. Chiefly, ensure that there is access to the water intake pipe, and don’t be afraid to enlist help. Many users noted that installation was frustration-free with a second pair of hands.
- Water conditioning systems do not remove hard minerals from water and do not soften the water itself, the way a traditional water softening system would.
- Because the minerals are not removed, there is no improvement in the appearance of brighter, improved colors in fabrics after doing laundry.
- The method deployed by Scaleblaster’s SB-75 water conditioning system won’t work on iron or galvanized pipes, so it important to determine what kind of material is being used prior to purchasing. Do research online and consult the instruction manual to mitigate issues.
ScaleBlaster SB-75 Water Conditioning System
1 used from $ 300.00
- For use on homes up to 4000 sq. ft.
- Water conditioner that solves hard water problems without the need of chemicals, salt or maintenance
- Works on hard water levels up to 19 grains (325 ppm)
- Small enclosure requires minimal space for installation
- Indoor installation only