Reverse-osmosis (RO) filtration systems are mostly similar in design and materials. That’s not the case with the CuZn UC-200. This filter system wants to fill that niche at the very pinnacle of the RO market – an under-sink water filter that achieves convenience, longevity and incredible water quality.
The differences are noticeable right off the bat. It isn’t bulky like most systems, but rather small and compact. It’s a little over a foot long and it’s only a few inches in diameter.
The size makes it ultra-convenient. It’s small and light; and can be installed quickly and directly into the cold faucet. In this, it appeals to the filter-user who usually opts out of RO due to the bulk of RO filtration systems or the hassle of installing and maintaining one; the CuZnUC-200 water filter is also virtually maintenance free.
Second, it appeals to those who already have RO filtration systems and are looking to branch out or replace an aging RO system. The lifetime of the UC-200 is about 50,000 gallons or roughly five years. It’s easy to see why many consumers invest in RO for its long-term advantages, and that distinction is easy to appreciate in the UC-200: when installed correctly, you’ll have cleaner, better-tasting and healthier water for half a decade.
These first two considerations already show us that UC-200 is a top notch product. It brings users with different needs together from different directions. It’s impressive and applicable to both the consumer who normally prefers other filtration methods to RO, as well as appealing to the experienced RO consumer looking for something new and a little different, but not too different. So, it’s off to a good start.
How well does it filter? UC-200 reduces or eliminates heavy metals, micro-organisms, pesticides and other pollutants. It has a rapid flow rate which, combined with its varied and encompassing filtration, makes it attractive to most water-filter consumers.
However, it’s easier to fall under the UC-200’s spell than to assess it carefully. It’s a fascinating filtration system, but with all its miraculous promises, it warrants some scrutiny. Is it as pain-free as it seems to be? Does it deliver on these promises? Let’s look at it in more detail.
CuZn UC-200 Under Counter Water Filter Features:
• Direct Cold Faucet Hook-Up
• Micro-Sediment Membranes
• KDF-55 filter
• Acid-washed Coconut Shell Carbon Filter
• UC-200 measures 4” diameter x 15” length and weighs 7.8lbs.
Overall, CuZn’s UC-200 Water Filter comes out ahead. This system has a suite of selling points and its downsides can largely be addressed through additional filtering and pre-filtering. It has all of the advantages of regular RO filtration systems and then some, but with less downsides. Surprisingly, it delivers everything it promises; and most of that it delivers without exaggeration. Uniquely, it has several advantages simultaneously which are, for other filtration systems, mutually exclusive.
This water filter has huge cross-appeal. It’s perfect for almost all water filtration requirements – drawing newcomers to water filtration, experienced filtration customers who are newcomers to RO, and RO veterans who just want to take a chance on CuZn’s little powerhouse UC-200. Virtually no filter-users outside of portable filtration have much reason to object to this system. UC-200’s cheap, quick and simple to acquire and install. It also doesn’t require a third faucet because it’s plumbed directly into the cold faucet. The filtration system doesn’t take up any counter space because it’s easily hidden away under the sink; indeed, it doesn’t even take up much under-counter space. It filters well, filters over a long period, doesn’t accumulate bacteria, and has a relatively rapid flow-rate – especially for such a small filter.
The UC-200 Water Filter is easily worth full price, let alone Amazon’s $100 bargain. Moreover, what the customer saves by purchasing the UC-200 would pay for precautionary filtering and/or pre-filtering if that was a concern.
All things considered, cost and efficiency make CuZN’s UC-200 a good purchase for nearly all but the most distinguishing consumer. Unless you have hundreds of extra dollars to spend, or you’re looking for a portable system, this is an impressive solution to cleaner and healthier drinking water.
- Convenient – UC-200’s small and unobtrusive
- Installs Quickly (estimated 5mins)
- Bacteriostatic – An almost unheard-of property for an RO system. The KDF-55 and Coconut Shell filters are both antimicrobial.
- Cheap – Less than $100 on Amazon. Even at full price, UC-200’s a lot of efficient filtration for your buck.
- Filter Longevity – Lifetime of up to 50,000 gallons or five years’ moderate use.
- Quick Flow Rate – Filters water at about two gallons per minute.
- Notwithstanding the benefits, there are one or two drawbacks, even for this filter. There isn’t much to be said against it, but that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be said. These are the UC-200’s downsides.
- Taste – Some customers report that the filtered water from the UC-200 doesn’t taste as good as it could. The system doesn’t seem to particles that alter taste from their filtered water, e.g. bi-products from chlorine.
- Unfit for Heavily Contaminated Sources – UC-200 can be clogged by water that’s too contaminated.