The Eddy Electronic Water Descaler is pitched as a product that will eliminate any limescale buildup that you might see in the pipes, shower heads, and faucets in your home. When your local water supply contains amounts of dissolved magnesium, calcium, and other minerals (all of which are safe to drink and beneficial to one’s health), sometimes these deposits harden on the inside of your pipes and faucets. This lime scale can be a nuisance and can affect things such as water pressure and, naturally, appearance (no one likes the look of a gunky, crusted-over faucet!). The Eddy Electronic Water Descaler promises to ease you of this headache and make lime scale buildup a thing of the past.
Eddy Electronic Water Descaler Features:
- The Eddy Electronic Water Descaler has two coils—one red and one blue—that are meant to be wrapped around your incoming water supply pipe.
- An electromagnetic wave emits from the Eddy Electronic Water Descaler. This is what prevents the lime scale from building on your pipes.
- Instructions for assembly and use
Based on customer feedback, one is left to think that the effectiveness of the Eddy Electronic Water Descaler is dependent upon the amount of mineralization in the water supply. So many users are pleased with this product—and it’s been around for so long—that it’s highly doubtful the Eddy Electronic Water Descaler doesn’t work at all. On the other hand, it’s also highly doubtful that those displeased with the product are merely making these claims up. This all leads to the conclusion that for those with a very hard water supply (a.k.a. lots of mineralization in the water), the Eddy Electronic Water Descaler may not be up to the job. For those with less mineralization in the water, this product will do enough to make a difference and leave you satisfied.
- Ease of use. All you have to do is wrap the two coils on the Eddy Electronic Water Descaler around your incoming water pipe. There’s no need for a toolbox or a handyman. You’re done installing this product in minutes.
- No loss of beneficial minerals from the water supply. This product claims it will remove the lime scale buildup without removing calcium, magnesium, and other healthful minerals. One user, dubious of this claim, actually sampled their water before installing the Eddy Electronic Water Descaler and after. The reviewer says that mineralization in both supplies of water were exactly the same, making the product’s claim true.
- Its small size. No hulking equipment here. The Eddy Electronic Water Descaler is easy to ship and transport.
- 12-month money back guarantee. In the product description, the makers of the Eddy Electronic Water Descaler display full confidence that it will work for you or you’ll get your money back. So, if you’re not pleased with the results, you can return it and receive your money back.
- History of success. The Eddy Electronic Water Descaler has been around for 15 years and has maintained a good reputation with mostly-positive customer feedback.
- A handful of low ratings on the Eddy Electronic Water Descaler may affect a buyer’s confidence. While the majority of ratings are high, there are some bad ones, and those who were displeased with the Eddy Electronic Water Descaler are very vocal and passionate about their displeasure. Below are some of the complaints these consumers had.
- It only has a minimal effect on the amount of scale, and this effect lessens over time. Soon, the scale will return to the level it was at before you installed the Eddy Electronic Water Descaler. Some users claim that saw a change at the beginning, but that the scale-levels returned after a few months’ time.
- Some claimed that they noticed no change in the amount of scale on their pipes and faucets. One user even doubts product’s claim to emit “electromagnetic waves” and labels it an empty promise.
- Several customers complain that the Eddy Electronic Water Descaler’s 12-month money back guarantee is bunk. While the product description quite clearly boasts about this guarantee, many users say they got the runaround from the company and ultimately did not receive their money back.