Clearwave CW-125 Salt Free Electronic Water Conditioner Review
The Clearwater CW-125 Salt Free Electronic Water Conditioner is a great option if you’re looking for an easy, salt free, compact, and inexpensive filter option.
It works on your whole home water system by using electromagnetic waves to prevent and help break down existing hard water build up. When microscopic hard water particles build up they can damage your water heater, and cause slow water flow to your home, among other things. The inaudible waveforms used in this system attack hard water particles in your water and render them incapable of sticking to anything, which then prevents future buildup. Also, any calcium and magnesium particles currently in your pipes will loosen over time and run straight down the drain.
Now this system does not necessarily remove the calcium and magnesium particles, but only incapacitates these particles so they don’t stick to your pipes and cause further problems. This could actually be a nice feature because you may want to keep those vital minerals in the water, but if you have severe hard water this system may not do the best job. Let’s keep digging.
Clearwave CW-125 Salt Free Electronic Water Conditioner Features:
- It’s a salt free water conditioner so there is no maintenance like systems that due use hard water salts.
- This system works on both cold & hot water systems, so it’s versatile.
- Product dimensions: 4 x 14 x 12 inches, small, compact, and easy to handle size.
- Water Hardness: Gains up to 25/ PPM up to 425
- 18 volts 5 watts
- Average capacity – 1A
- Flow rate – 28 GPM
- You will need to mount the system to a pipe, and the kit conveniently comes with 2 sizes of pipe clips for ¾” or 1” pipes.
- The system will work on all types of pipes including stainless steel, PVC, copper, galvanized, and plastic, making this system a bit more adaptable.
The Clearwater CW-125 Salt Free Electronic Water Conditioner seems like it could be a good contender to filter water for your home or apartment. Especially if you’re looking for a system that is salt free, isn’t going to break the bank, is small and compact, and is really easy to install. There are a few things that could be improved though and that you should consider before choosing this option like the length of power cord and its durability to withstand the outdoor elements. This system also probably won't be a feasible option for you if you have really “hard” hard water, it may not do the job.
- Super easy installation and compact size: first mount unit to your pipe, make sure to properly wrap antennae and follow the directions provided, plug the power cord into an outlet and you are good to go.
- The Clearwater CW-125 Salt Free Electronic Water Conditioner is a budget friendly option as far as water filters go. It is at a lower price point than most hard water systems and there's no investing in bags of salt.
- The system helps prevent future hard water buildup that can damage your existing water heater and cause slow water flow which can be inconvenient, time consuming, and a hassle.
- Overtime this water filter removes existing calcium and magnesium particles that are lingering in your pipes that have built up, causing them to come free and flow straight down the drain.
- When the hard water residue and buildup is softened, it makes it that much easier to clean any affected surfaces such as ceramic, plastic, glass, and metal.
- Any previous scale buildup in toilets or sink faucets will be noticeably be improved.
- It's also eco-friendly because it doesn’t require any chemicals so it's better for your health, your wallet, and the environment.
- Helps save other appliances like shower heads, sink faucets or anything else that may come into contact with the hard water, from being damaged.
- Unfortunately, this system is not currently compatible with pipes larger than 1”. So if you run into this problem, you'll need to contact the company for an adapter that will suite you needs. That could be a hassle if you're just looking for something that's easy, quick, plug and go right out of the box.
- The power cord used for this system could be too short depending on where your pipe is situated compared to an outlet. If your pipe isn’t close to an outlet, you may need an extension cord, so please keep that in mind.
- This water filter doesn’t “remove” the hard water, just keeps it from sticking to the pipes preventing more “build up”. If your hard water effects are severe this system may not be the best option for you because it may not keep up with the amount of buildup that your water causes.
- If you require to install outside you may need to find a covering or something to protect the unit from the elements, it's more for indoor installation.
Clearwave CW-125 Salt Free Electronic Water Conditioner
- Remove scale build-up due to hard water
- Works on both hot and cold water systems
- Makes it easier to wipe clean ceramic, plastic, glass, and metal surfaces
- Scaly crust or stains in toilets or under faucets will be significantly reduced