The iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Residential Under-Sink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System w/ Alkaline Remineralization stresses the uniqueness and efficiency of its remineralization technology. While removing impurities from water is important, iSpring is equally concerned with making sure users are getting the beneficial minerals that are removed from water during the reverse osmosis (RO) filtration process. For those who aren’t fans of distilling water, an RO system such as this iSpring product may be exactly what you’re looking for.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B005LJ8EXU” locale=”US” src=”https://www.cleanwaterhome.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/61HHmYTHXDL.jpg” tag=”cleanwaterhome-20″ width=”500″]
iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Residential Under-Sink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System Features:
- The six filters, which are as follows:
- 5 micron high-capacity polypropylene sediment filter
- GAC carbon filter (removes larger amounts of inorganic material)
- CTO carbon filter (removes the small amounts that pass through the GAC filter)
- reverse osmosis membrane
- post inline carbon filter
- Alkaline filter
- Color-coded tubes for installation under your sink
- A modern, brushed-nickel faucet
- Instructions for assembly and use
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”320″ identifier=”B005LJ8EXU” locale=”US” src=”https://www.cleanwaterhome.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/41G2BiYOlt2L.jpg” tag=”cleanwaterhome-20″ width=”500″]
For the iSpring RO 6-filter water filtration system’s price, the product works well and delivers on its promise of pure, remineralized water. There is a reason, though, that the price is cheaper than other RO systems. The iSpring unit suffers from the dreaded “slow flow” issue, requires more maintenance, and at times parts of system are prone to leakage. Overall, though, users seem to be satisfied with what they get for the price.
- The remineralization process. After the RO process, the water passes through the alkaline filter. Inside of this alkaline filter is red mineral stone, which adds in beneficial minerals such as calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium, and calcite, which balances the water’s pH levels. This results in better-tasting water with minerals that are beneficial to your health. Minerals in water have been linked to stronger bones and healthier hearts. While other RO systems often receive feedback that the water tastes too acidic or that too many minerals were removed, feedback is very high for the iSpring’s remineralization technology.
- Ease of installation. With hundreds of reviews in, troublesome instillation doesn’t appear to be a concern, which is surprising considering the amount of pieces that come in the box.
- It works. As with all water filtration systems, users put the iSpring RO 6-filter system to the test. The water that comes out of the faucet post-Woder installation is far purer than tap.
- Transparent filters. Instead of guessing when the filters on this unit need to be replaced, you can literally see when you need to switch out your filters. Replace the filter once its coated with scale.
- A Gold Seal from the Water Quality Association. This is a rare achievement for water filtration systems.
- Made in the USA.
- A 12-month money back guarantee ensures that if you’re not happy with this product, you can return it for a full refund. This also reflects confidence in iSpring’s assertion that you’ll be pleased with this RO system.
- The price. While $223.09 is nothing to sneeze at, the iSpring RO 6-filter system is more affordable than a lot of other RO alternatives which can sometimes reach the $400 or $500 mark.
- Some users claim the iSpring RO 6-filter RO system to be “high maintenance”. While transparent filters are an advantage, reviewers have said that the filter needs to be changed regularly with this system—somewhere around every 2 to 3 months. That’s pretty frequent. Compared to RO systems that claim a filter only needs to be changed out once a year, this is a downside.
- “Slow flow”. This is a common complaint with RO systems. You may be waiting awhile to get your full glass of clean, remineralized water.
- Leaking parts. Among the lower reviews of this product, leakage seems to be a common thread.
- Questionable customer service. For those who had an issue with the iSpring RO 6-filter system, it seems as though it was hard to communicate with iSpring’s customer service support. They were as responsive to customer complaints as desired.