The Iron Pro 2 Combination Water Softener iron filter Fleck 5600SXT digital metered valve 64,000 grain, for the whole house is a product designed and manufactured with two purposes in mind. It is a water softener and an iron filter all in one. It offers water softening solutions to an average to a large family, with high efficiency and in a high flow of water for the whole house. The Iron Pro 2 Combination Water Softener removes hardness up to 75 gpg, Iron up to 6-8 ppm range, Manganese up to 6 ppm, sediment, sand, and rust. This is a niche product since it was manufactured for those who have hard water and those with water containing sediments, dust and iron. It serves to offer the solution to these water problems especially where they are both in occurrence. It has a high-density resin used in the elimination of magnesium, manganese, calcium that makes water hard. Iron is also removed in the same process that is through ion exchange. The product features a Fleck 5600SXT Digital Control – The SXT controller is the newest controller from Fleck and is built on the tried and true 5600 valves. The valve has a five-year warranty on the valve.
This system uses a meter based regeneration process where the water you use is measured and the system only regenerates when it needs to. This ensures that water is conserved.
The Iron Pro 2 Combination Water Softener is one the the five best water softeners available. Read our article on the best water softeners of 2017 here.
Iron Pro 2 Combination Water Softener Features:
- Calcium carbonate and a fine mesh ion exchange resin, for the softening and iron filtering respectively
- A Fleck 5600SXT valve that guarantees efficiency
- A larger brine tank to hold the salt for the regeneration process
- Corrosion free, hence a longer service life since the tank is made of nonreactive fiber glass components.
- A Digital control unit that includes an LCD screen and touch-pad. The digital control unit has a memory and a timer clock also features backup power in case of power outages in the house
- A water softener tank assembly that has the following components:
1) Fleck 5600SXT Digital control valve
2) 3/4 ” and 1″ Stainless steel bypass
3) 12″x 48″ Fiberglass mineral tank
4) 48″ x 1.05″Riser tube and cap
- A funnel with 2 Cu. ft of Water Softening Resin
- A brine tank assembly with a 230lb capacity and brine tank with tank cover with a float tube assembly.
The Iron Pro 2 Combination Water Softener is a great deal. Combining two purposes all in one unit of equipment is really great. A range of minerals and other impurities are removed from the water at the same time the water is softened improving on its quality majorly. The meter based regeneration system used in this model is also something to note since it saves a lot of water used and the amount of resin used.
- Since all of the mineral elements that would build up are eliminated there will be no more stains on health care, glasses, and dishes.
- With no scale build up in the pipes and taps , they run more efficiently for a longer period of time, with little or no maintenance.Pipes & taps more efficient and also long lasting because they usually are free of debris
- The equipment maximizes on energy savings since it combines two processes in one. That is water softening and filtering out iron present in water at the same time.
- There are savings made on cleaning products to tidy house
- Linen, as well as clothing, remain just as new without softener.
- Offers an increased quality of water used for consumption purposes.
- Water softeners have a wide assortment of models, to meet the actual needs of each home, depending on the actual hardness of the actual water and also the actual amount consumed. This model meets the requirements for a family with iron and sediment issues.
- With the regeneration technology applied in this model, a lot less work is done and a lot less water is used. It allows the user to set the preferred schedule and settings.
- With this system combining two purposes in a single unit, you get to pay half the amount you would have used in the acquisition and installation two different systems. The price tag on this product is a major bargain.
- Requires basic to professional plumbing skills for its installation and maintenance. Though if you decide to install it yourself it will take more time with more errors probably to occur.
- At 200 pounds of weight, this model is quite big. This makes it harder during its installation, it will also take up a large space in the process.
- The Iron Pro 2 Water Softener is pricey compared to other available options offering the same quality of service.
Iron Pro 2 Combination water softener iron filter Fleck 5600SXT digital metered valve 64,000 grain, 64k for whole house
- Water softener, iron filter, all in one! high flow for whole house use!
- 64,000 grain capacity, fine mesh resin designed for high iron removal & long life
- Fleck 5600SXT digital metered valve for efficiency and ease of use, 5 year warranty!
- Removes hardness up to 75 gpg, Iron up to 6-8 ppm range, Manganese up to 6 ppm, sediment, sand, rust
- *tank color may vary*, this comes with 18x33 round brine tank, DIY instructions, bypass valve